This post is dedicated to all the beautiful people of the world who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. Love and blessings to you all.
Here are a list of thing you can do to promote hair growth.
- Massage. Coconut, johoba and sesame oil are good base oils for head massages and are great for hair growth or loss, with coconut oil probably being the better choice. Add a bout 10 drops of a few of the following essential oils - birch, brahmi, chamomile, coriander, peppermint, rose, rosewood, rosemary, cedar. Warm the oil by placing the bottle in a container of hot water. Once it is nice and warm but not too hot massage it into your head and stimulate your scalp. Once you have finished massage your feet. Try doing this every night before you go to bed.
- Marmas are pranic/energy centers on the body are also good places to massage. The following relate to hair- the marma on the top of the head where the crown chakra is situated, between the eyes or where the third eye chakra is and on the side of the head at the temples.
- Brahmi is a great herb for hair growth. The tea has started to appear in some health food shops so have a look around or ask your local store if they can get it in for you.
- Sesame seeds. sprinkle them in your salads, on top of noodles, in soups, add them to your cereal or just pour some in you hand and eat them straight.
- Fenugreek. Mix it with some water and have it as a gruel. Doesn't sound too appealing but apparently it works.
- Sweet food. Yeah!
- Hibiscus flower. See if there are any teas around, not really sure of its availability but you might be lucky. And as with the Brahmi or anything if we start asking for things they will become available.
- Sage. Add it to your cooking.
- Salt. Reduce or avoid it.
- A healthy diet fully of lots of fresh vegetables.
- Love, love, love. I did not find this in any of my books but I do believe in the power of love and positive thoughts. Do things you love. Spend time with people you love and those that love you. Go to beautiful place, listen to beautiful music and sing with a smile on your face and in your heart. These things too are medicine. Very powerful medicine.
Take care my beautiful friends. Healthy healing to each and everyone of you xx